I'm a visual designer and artist who has been working professionally for over 20 years. The past 13 of which I've been designing and art directing video games at Large Animal Games in New York City.
I'm a native of Kalamazoo who has been designing, illustrating and animating since 1989 and living in NYC since 1995. I've worked as a professional political cartoonist, comic book illustrator, animator, product designer, web developer, game designer, video blogger and author.
Past clients have included MTV Networks, Sci-Fi Channel, Tommy Hilfiger, NFL, Nascar, The Gap, Sony Records, RCA Records, Epitaph Records, CNBC, The Ethiopian Commentator, MaMaMedia, The LA Galaxy, the nu-metal band Disturbed, and Nickelodeon.
Since joining Large Animal Games in 2000 I have been the Lead Artist or Art Director for over 100 online, Social and PC Downloadable games. Four of which, AlphaQUEUE, Rocketbowl, Saints & Sinners Bowling, and Snapshot Adventures have been IGF Finalists. In my free-time I play music, read and travel as much as possible.
“Brad is a wonderfully creative, multi-talented designer who understands the subtle yet powerful effect that branding has on generations X and Y. He is a terrific thought-partner in exploring the desired connotations of your product or brand - and can play high culture, pop culture, or a clever mix of the two.”
- Greg Spotts, Los Angeles Director of Transportation Project Delivery
SELECTED GAME INDUSTRY CREDITS
Social Networking Games (Selected):
PC Download Games (Selected):
- Nomsters (Large Animal Games, 2012)
- Lucky Cruise (Large Animal Games, 2011)
- Spartacus (Large Animal Games, 2011)
- Picturiffic (Large Animal Games, 2011)
- Bumper Stars (Large Animal Games, 2008)
- Bananagrams (Large Animal Games, 2008)
- Lucky Strike Bowling (Large Animal Games, 2008)
- Name That Friend (Large Animal Games, 2008)
- PlayWidgets (Large Animal Games, 2007)
- RocketBowl, XBLA (Microsoft, 2008)
- Snapshot Adventures (iWin, 2007)
- Skull Island Adventures (Oberon, 2005)
- RocketBowl (Large Animal Games, 2005
- Saints & Sinners Bingo (Oberon, 2005)
- Saints & Sinners Bowling (Oberon, 2005)
- Unipong (Shockwave, 2004)
- AlphaQUEUE (Shockwave, 2004)
- The Society of Illustrators "From Art School to Game Careers", January 2012, New York, NY; Panelist.
- GDC China "Finding the Artistic Soul of Your Social Game", 2009, Shanghai, China; Speaker
- Amercia’s Video Game Expo “Tighten Up the Controls on Level 2”, November 2006, Pennsylvania Convention Center, PA; Panelist.
- NYC ACM/SIGGRAPH’s “Hi-res vs. Lo-res Graphics: A Game Design Debate” event, May 2005, New York, NY; “Low-res Art” Panelist.
- America’s Video Game Expo “Specialization in the Visual Arts”, November 2006, Pennsylvania Convention Center, PA.